Under the direction of Public Health and the Department of Health and Wellness, osteopaths in NS have been granted approval to reopen their clinics as of June 5, 2020.
Osteopathic care must adhere to specific criteria to ensure public health and safety. These include but are not limited to things like:
- enhanced cleaning protocols and record keeping
- daily self screening by the osteopath
- screening clients shortly before their appointment day and again on arrival
- use of non-medical masks by both osteopath and clients
- respecting social distancing when possible
- a COVID related consent form, reminding clients that osteopathic manual practitioners are not physicians, and that serious medical concerns require medical attention
Please note, your scheduled treatment must be cancelled if either you or I experience any symptoms of illness on the day of your appointment.
For more information, please refer to the Nova Scotia coronavirus webpage.